Trending Now
London News News

Murder charge brought after fatal Croydon stabbing

  • February 19, 2026
  • 3 min read
Murder charge brought after fatal Croydon stabbing

Shortly after 01:15 GMT on Sunday, officers were called to Hesterman Way in Croydon where three men had been stabbed, and a 22-year-old later died in hospital.

Lorik Abazi was taken to hospital by paramedics but succumbed to his injuries. The Metropolitan Police have since charged Ellis Anim Annor, 28, of Belgravia Gardens in Bromley, with murder. He is due before Bromley Magistrates’ Court.

More from EyeOnLondon

Breaking news, City policy and transport reporting across London and beyond.

Andrew Mountbatten-Windsor arrested

What police have confirmed so far, what remains unclear, and what happens next in the investigation.

Read the full report

Pedicabs to be regulated by TfL

New rules are expected to cover licensing, standards and enforcement for pedicabs operating in central London.

Read the full report

TfL advert banned by regulator

The advertising watchdog said a shortened safety clip risked reinforcing a harmful stereotype when viewed alone.

Read the full report

Ten arrests in total

Detectives say the inquiry remains active and have described it as a fast-moving investigation involving multiple arrests. Ten people have been detained in connection with the incident, with several released on bail while enquiries continue. Two women initially arrested on suspicion of murder remain under investigation, while further arrests have been made on suspicion of affray and perverting the course of justice.

One man who had been treated in hospital for life-threatening injuries following the incident was later arrested and has been bailed pending further inquiries. Two women arrested on Thursday on suspicion of affray remain in custody.

In a statement issued after his death, Mr Abazi’s family said they were devastated by the loss of “a light” in their lives and asked to be allowed privacy.

Appeal for information

Police are urging anyone who was in the area in the early hours of Sunday, or who may have captured footage on CCTV, doorbell cameras or dashcams, to come forward. Information can be submitted via the Metropolitan Police’s Major Incident Public Portal or by calling 101 and quoting CAD 511/15FEB. Anonymous reports can be made through Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Officers said that even small details could assist in piecing together the events leading up to the stabbing.

For verified updates on London crime and policing, follow EyeOnLondon and check back as this investigation develops.

Follow us on:

Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos and updates!

YouTube

We value your thoughts! Share your feedback and help us make EyeOnLondon even better!

About Author

Editor

Emma’s journey to launching EyeOnLondon began with her move into London’s literary scene, thanks to her background in the Humanities, Communications and Media. After mingling with the city's creative elite, she moved on to editing and consultancy roles, eventually earning the title of Freeman of the City of London. Not one to settle, Emma launched EyeOnLondon in 2021 and is now leading its stylish leap into the digital world.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *