ATS Euromaster Faces UK Wind-Down as 700 Jobs Put at Risk
Sustained financial losses have forced ATS Euromaster to begin winding down its UK operations, the company confirmed on Monday 22nd February 2026, with more than 700 jobs now at risk.
The car and van fast-fit business has proposed selling 35 of its 152 points of sale to Formula One Autocentres and a further 14 sites to S&M Tyres, which trades as Elite Garages. Subject to completion, 216 employees across those 49 locations are expected to transfer to the new owners under TUPE regulations.
More London news from EyeOnLondon
Business, City policy and market reporting across London and beyond.
Pikachu Illustrator card sale
A rare trading card fetches a record price, underscoring the strength of the global collectibles market.
Read the full reportLocal levies should fund councils
London Councils proposes new fiscal powers to strengthen local authority funding and long-term planning.
Read the full reportGold and silver sell off
Precious metals retreat amid shifting investor sentiment and renewed volatility in global markets.
Read the full reportA further 703 employees are proposed to be placed at risk across the company’s Aston-based head office, call centre and remaining 103 centres if the plan proceeds. The business said that after the proposed disposals, the reduced scale of its network would lack the geographic reach required to compete effectively in the UK market.
The changes affect ATS Euromaster only and not other parts of the wider Euromaster Group.
Nick Harley, group managing director of Euromaster UK, described the announcement as “an extremely sad and difficult moment”, adding that the company recognised the impact on colleagues, families and local communities.
Elite Garages, a family-run business operating for more than 65 years, will expand its portfolio to 38 vehicle repair centres if the acquisition completes. Managing director Richard Whittemore said the company would work closely with ATS Euromaster to support transferring employees and ensure continuity of service for customers.
The businesses are targeting 18th April 2026 as the transfer date for the 49 sites.
The decision follows a review of operations last year, during which ATS Euromaster earmarked 86 service centres for potential closure. Efforts to reshape the network have not offset rising operating costs, market over-capacity and weaker sector activity.
Harley said that despite attempts to improve performance and secure a sustainable future, there was “no viable path forward to a break-even position”. He added that consultation would prioritise fair treatment for employees, with support including access to employee assistance programmes and outplacement services.
Thirteen mobile night technicians are proposed to transfer under TUPE to Tructyre, another Euromaster Group business specialising in mobile tyre services. ATS Euromaster staff will also be offered priority access to vacancies within Tructyre.
Consultation is expected to run until 30th April 2026. If proposals proceed, the final day of trading for the remaining centres would be 1st May 2026.
Founded in 1965 following Michelin’s acquisition of independent garages, ATS Euromaster expanded significantly during the 1970s and formally adopted its current brand in 1991. The wider Euromaster network now operates across 18 European countries through subsidiaries and franchise partnerships.
For independent reporting on UK business, employment and market shifts, follow EyeOnLondon Business.
Follow us on:
Subscribe to our YouTube channel for the latest videos and updates!
We value your thoughts! Share your feedback and help us make EyeOnLondon even better!



